Thursday, May 10, 2012

Currently

Currently in April

Yeah yeah yeah, I know. I'm late, but at least I'm posting! :)

Currently Watching

 Princess and the Frog

So stinkin' cute! I have seen it before, but made Devin watch it with me this time. I love that there's finally an independent Disney princess who cares more about working hard to achieve her dream, then she does finding a prince. Such a good role model for little girls.
Fair warning, if you do have children, there are some spooky parts here and there. All about voodoo.



And of course there are some cute talking animals in the mix, and a hilarious voodoo lady Mama Odie who reminds me so much of my Grandma Lytle it's scary(minus the voodoo and Cajun heritage).

Currently Reading

 

My Great Grandmother on my Dad's side was a full blood Cherokee. I know that when you do the math, that doesn't equal much for me, but it's always been something that we have tried kept alive in our family. My Grandpa, who died when I was 6, would teach me different words in Cherokee when we would sit on the front porch together. Of course I don't remember any of them now, but what I do remember is that it was important to him to teach me what he could.  As each generation comes along, we loose more and more of the knowledge of the culture. So I've been trying to scramble to immerse myself in it.


Currently Listening

 
Radiohead- In Rainbows
Broke down and bought this on vinyl.
Nothing's better than Radiohead and a glass of wine. Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment